We should be happy for the ones in happy relationships (which are fewer and fewer), not to envy them, but not to blame ourselves for not having that either. We have tons of examples around us – at least from an observer perspective – that may conclude that being single is NOT the worst that could ever happen.
Single people don’t have to dwell over never-ending fights. They don’t have to be alone in two (the only one trying to make it work, I mean), always trying to figure out how to fix something already broken. And they don’t have to face a heart-break, when everything is over. Oh, and take it from the scratch, with their heart in stitches.
Think about it. If you are single, you:
- own every decision and consequence of it;
- face no restrictions in applying your thoughts;
- have the total freedom of chasing your dreams, without being held in a dead spot you can’t move forward from;
- have all the time in the world to think, analyze, discover, understand and take the actions that suit you and your beliefs/ wishes;
- have no need to feed or brush the egos of others;
- don’t have to apologize for things you never did or don’t feel guilty for;
- learn things about your strength that you would have never while in two;
- can read, dance, travel and do whatever else that brings you joy, without a time limit.
Than why not enjoy all these?
As referred to in some previous writing of mine, doctrines are the ones that make us think we need a partner to feel safe, to feel loved, to feel complete. But, if you give it a thought from a different angle, you will see how much compromise, hurt and alone time you can experience within a relationship, as well.
In other words, if you are single, wake up every day with a smile and the thought “another day to do what I love, another chance to experience new things, another day to learn about myself and the world around me, another day with no boundaries and egos to feed, another perfect day to help and make something important with my life”. Just breath deeply and start your day with that optimistic mood. There’s nothing to hold you back, nothing to drag you down and nothing to make you feel otherwise than grateful.Your life is wonderful! Live it as such! You already know that the choice is all yours…